Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Peyton giving his little brother Deakyn a kiss.
Holding baby Deakyn for the first time
Peyton, Deakyn and me
Making a long story short as possible:
I was induced on December 30, 2008. They gave me half of a pill the you put under your tounge at 9:15 and the contractions started at about 10:00 am. They monitered me until 12:00pm to make sure I was in labor and to make sure the babys heart beat was okay. They let me go home at 12:00pm. We went to the birthing center at 1:00pm. 2:00pm the doctor showed up broke my water only dialted to a 4 so the doctor thought is was okay to go back to the clinic. The baby was born at 2:30pm the doctor did not make it senice everything went so fast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on your sweet baby! We adore his name and think it is sooo cute. Were you able to have an epidural with this delivery? Your growing family is precious. Glad you started a blog!!

Karalene said...

Love these pictures---thanks for sharing. Lots of hugs and kisses for those little ones. Love, Karalene

Marlo said...

Hi guys, so glad you're blogging!! All the pictures are soooo cute!! hope your getting some sleep and that Peyton isn't torturing Deakyn!! Love you, your fav sister

Erica Shumway said...

Hi, Thanks I am so glad you like Deakyn's name. No I did't get an epidural actually I had no pain medication at all. It wasn't too bad everything went so fast. I felt really good after having the baby. It all worked out.
I am getting some sleep Deakyn has slept for five straight hours the last couple of nights. Peyton has been pretty good with Deakyn. I didn't relize how much you really can't put the baby down because then peyton can get him. We are adjusting. Thanks for the comments love, Erica