Our Lab dog Coda had puppies the first week of October.
I love dogs, puppies so I was very excited. She had seven puppies one was a still birth. Another one drowned three weeks later in Coda's drinking water. We were left with five puppies. I loved watching them grow and was amazed at how fast they do grow. About two weeks before Thanksgiving I knew it was time for them to go to good homes. Nobody we knew could take them. I was getting a little discouraged not sure how we where going to find homes for them.
We went to my parents for Thanksgiving which was fun. That evening we got a call from Burdett's brother who was taking care of the dogs why we where out of town. He explained to
Burdett that the dogs had gotten out and where gone. I was very sad and did not know what to think. I was sure that Coda at least would go back home. Because she is such a good dog. When we got back home from our thanksgiving vacation on Sunday still no sign of the dogs and no one had heard anything. The next day I put up fliers around town for one dog and five missing puppies. We ended up having our favorite puppy returned to us by a very good honest person. We kept the puppy and named her Carmel. The two chocolate puppies went to two really good homes. Which I am very excited about. Never heard anything about the white puppy. I am sure it is someones home some where. Coda ended up clear down where I use to live at Brown's canyon. Lets just say she is in a better place. Now we have just one dog which is what we needed expect I wish we had Coda. With all the said the dogs escaping was really a blessing in disguise. Now they all at least I hope they all have really good homes. The two cholcolate puppies I know do have good homes and will be loved.
Peyton petting one of the Chocolate puppies


No comments:
Post a Comment